Getting scars to fade can be quite a challenge. The numerous skin treatment products and modalities available over-the-counter and in-clinic add to the difficulty of choosing which is the best treatment that can make them disappear from your skin forever. In recent years, however, thousands of skin experts have been raving about skin needling devices for scars.
What is skin needling?
Skin needling or Collagen Induction Therapy is undoubtedly one of the best treatments for scars whatever their cause may be. Skin needling makes use of a handheld device, such as Dermapen, to create micro-needle punctures on the skin. Skin needling makes use of the body’s natural healing abilities. The microscopic injuries then trigger a series of processes which include the stimulation of growth factors and hormones which in turn increase collagen and elastin production. It can take 4-6 treatments 6-8 weeks apart to get the desired results.
What are the benefits of skin needling?
Skin needling is typically performed in-clinic by a trained skin professional. It can also be done at home in between clinic microneedling sessions for the best results. Here are some of the skin needling benefits you can expect from the procedure:
- Reduces the appearance of enlarged pores
- Fixes the tone and texture of the skin
- Battles skin ageing signs including wrinkles, crow’s feet, fine lines, sagging and dry skin
- Lifts, tightens and adds a glow to the skin
- Reduces the appearance of skin blemishes including scars and hyperpigmentation issues
- Enhances the efficacy of skincare products as it improves the absorptive qualities of the skin
To learn more about Dermapen Treatments and how they can help your skin concern, click here. If you would like to book a clinical Dermapen Treatment, find here an Authorised Treatment Provider close to you.
If you are a professional and wish to learn how to become a DermapenWorld Authorised Treatment Provider, click here.